It’s an illness.
But I do find a lot of cool stuff.
So, if you don’t have time to waste on the internet, just look out for Stuff That Happened This Week and you will be up to date on everything.
Jon Stewart Is Making A Movie – Jon Stewart is going on a 12 week hiatus in the summer to work on Rosewater, a film adaptation of the book Then They Came For Me: A Family’s Story Of Love, Captivity And Survival. Stewart has written the script and plans on directing the movie. John Oliver will cover for him on The Daily Show. (Deadline)
You Have The Chance To Name Something Important And Science-y! – The American Museum of Natural History is holding a tournament in order to determine what to name our “hypothetical common placental ancestor.” The first round has already happened- but there is still time to vote. Round 2 ends March 19 and the whole thing ends April 4. Clearly, the contest will come down to Dwight Shrew and Vole de Mort. Right? (AMNH.org)
While You Were Distracted By The Lame Taylor Swift/Amy Poehler/Tina Fey Feud– SCIENTISTS QUIETLY CURED HIV – “14 Adults have been functionally cured of HIV.” Why is this not being shouted from the rooftops? (NewScientist)
Awkwafina Is Here To Fill The Female Asian Rapper Void– When I read the headline “Awkwafina Will Immediately Be Your New Favorite Rapper” on Buzzfeed, I was skeptical because Buzzfeed can only speak in hyperbole and absolutes. In two days there will probably be a list of “Mindblowing Pictures of Toast.” I really do like Awkwafina, though. (Buzzfeed)
Anna Kendrick Continues To Be Awesome– I want her to be my brunch buddy. Until then, stalking her on Twitter will have to suffice. (image)
Holy CATS! Broadway Is Making A Musical NOT Based On A Movie- A musical about Carol King’s life will be on Broadway in Spring of 2014. It will, of course, feature her music and most likely be awesome. (NYTimes)
You Guys, Emma Watson Doesn’t Just Blindly Sign On For Every Movie Based On A Book– Emma Watson is not going to be the 50 Shades of Grey movie. And she is horrified that you think she would entertain the idea. (image)
Louis C. K. News– Louis C.K. released a promo for his new HBO special Oh My God coming in April 13. Despite clearly being the most lauded comic of the day- he still manages to be incredibly humble and sincere. (YouTube)
“Timberweek” Confirmed Justin Timberlake Is Crazy Talented– Fresh off his appearance on SNL, Justin Timberlake combined forces with Jimmy Fallon for “Justin Timberweek.” He was on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon every night and it was a wonderful success. Highlights include a barbershop version of Sexy Back, a skit where they sang Africa’s magnum opus: Toto, and History of Rap Part 4. His musical performances were also (naturally) great. (LateNightWithJimmyFallon)
Amy Poehler To Produce A New Show – Amy Poehler (wonderful angel and adorable mischief maker) is producing a show called Broad City that will appear on Comedy Central in 2014. Broad City was originally a web series staring Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer. (Splitsider)
– Who Said It: Spongebob or Nietzsche? Take the quiz. It is harder than you think. (Buzzfeed)
– Watching A Comedic Voice Evolve: The Rare, Early Clips Of The Muppets (Ramsey Ess // Splitsider)
– Sexism Fatigue (Lindy West // Jezebel)
– Marlo Thomas On Making That Girl Feminist TV, PBS’s Makers, And Where Pop Culture Goes Next (Alyssa Rosenberg // Think Progress)
– The Daily Routines Of Famous Writers (Marla Popova // BrainPickings)
– St. Patrick: No Snakes, No Shamrocks, Just The Facts (David Plotz // Slate)
– After Ever After ~ Jon Cozart creates this amazing a cappella video about Disney Princesses after they find their fairy tale ending. It is wonderfully dark and Cozart is a pretty talented singer.
– Kristen Stewart Explains St. Patrick’s Day ~ Kristen Stewart is played by Laura McDonald in this sketch (who does an amazingly accurate impression). It is hella funny- but will never trump Speak Like Kristen Stewart.